I always find working with emerging artists very rewarding – there is so much new talent out there without the right photography. Months ago, the guys from Premonitions contacted me about shooting new promos for the release of their awesome debut EP – listen on Spotify, buy it on iTunes. The weeks before the shoot were filled with the usual; planning the look and feel, coordinating locations, and ironing out wardrobe. Then hurricane Sandy hit. Continue reading
I’ve been taking pictures professionally since 2006 and yet some of my favorite photos are still what I would consider happy accidents. This portrait of actor/stuntman Mark Smolinski was actually taken at a makeshift photo booth I’d set up at a friend’s wedding. Most of the photos I took that night are of the “I’m drunk and uninhibited” ilk, but Mark inspired something different when I looked through the viewfinder.
As much as I love my Instagram filters, there’s really no replacement for the magical, precious quality of real polaroid prints. On a recommendation from Allen Murabayashi, I scoured eBay for an old land camera. Two days, $75, and a trip to Radio Shack later, I had a working Polaroid 450 converted to use AAA batteries. So far, the 40 year-old camera has been an analog joy to use. Here are some of
the shots that actually turned out my favorite photographs taken while in the catskills for Eddie Adams XXV. Continue reading
I’m celebrating my return to blogging with a new website template from my friends at Graph Paper Press bunch of new additions to my band portrait and concert photography portfolios, and a few of my favorite photos from M83‘s performance at the HARD festival in Toronto.
I get a lot of questions from artists about what they can expect from my promotional shoots. To get a small taste of what’s possible, visit my portfolio.
Here’s what’s typically included in my solo musician shoots:
- A production meeting either online or in-person to nail down the exact creative concept for your shoot
- Approx 2.5-4 hours in studio or on-location (includes setup/hair/makeup time)
- Proofs ready within 4-6 business days via private online gallery
- Between 100 – 600 total shots (depending on time and the complexity of the concept)
- 3 final retouched images of your choice provided as high resolution digital files
- Unlimited usage rights for all retouched images you order
The following additional options are also available:
- Hair, makeup, and wardrobe styling
- Additional high resolution retouched files
- Copies of retouched images and/or proofs burned to CD
- Copies of your retouched images specifically optimized for print, web, email and social media
- Long-term image hosting for PR and management use
Artists, if want your photos to rock as hard as you do…
Request a Quote